1. [trans] Yunho spoke about his thoughts after going to Ghana, about how electronics like computers which people just throw out in our countries are seen by the Ghanaian children as opportunities to earn money.
2. Yunho is personally narrating the whole show,it’s really saddening to see the scenes of the Ghanaian children labouring in the mine fields:(
3. Yunho said he felt so helpless that he didn’t know what to say or do to ease the pain of the little girl who is hurting from skin cancer
4. The skin disease originated from working in the gold mines. Yunho held her hand and wiped her tears as medicine was applied for her
5. [trans] Road for Hope (2)
Yunho said that the most difficult thing that affected him was that…
He asked the children if they had to continue working in the dangerous places, they told him that they are afraid of the diseases etc, but compared to being worried about the pain that a possible disease may bring tomorrow, they were more worried about having a meal for today.
6. [trans] Road for Hope 3
Yunho said that one of the things that he remembered the most was that these work which the children were doing were things which any other children would complain about, would be frustrated to be asked to do, but the Ghanaian children just took the responsibility upon themselves in a mature and composed way. And he felt that the burden on these children’s shoulders was very huge.
7. “Tears of the Chocolate” section - Yunho went to a cocoa farm and the children just swarmed around him ^^
8. Yunho tried chopping up the cacao fruit to help the children but couldn’t as he found that it wasn’t easy, so he was frustrated at himself.
9. Yunho told a child that he had to eat his meals well, but the child said that he only eats a handful of rice a day :(
10. Yunho “I learnt that just a little concern from us can change the dreams of the Ghanaian children. I’ll work hard like this in the future.”
11. [trans] Yunho’s thoughts during his interview after the filming
"It would be great if the children in Ghana do not get lonely, and can receive love. When one receives love, they will also be able to give love. It would be great if these children, who have all the right to receive love, can receive even more love."
12. [trans] Besangyh’s tweet about KBS live broadcast of Road for Hope
131207 Yunho’s expedition for Road for Hope. Perhaps it was because he was reminded of the Ghanaian children, even when the videos were being played, Yunho’s eyes never left the monitor. Yunho looked really happy and blessed whenever he was elaborating on his encounters in Ghana to the MCs. Yunbriel~
131207 윤호 희망로드 대장정. 가나의 아이들이 생각나는지 영상이 나가는 중간에도 모니터에서 눈를 떼지 않았던 윤호. 가나에서 있었던 일들을 중간중간 mc분들에게 설명해주는 모습이 행복해보였어요 윤브리엘♥pic.twitter.com/M8EREDKJtE
13. Yunho, who was flustered throughout the broadcast, whether to arrange his script or to look at the children on the screen RT @ besangyh
trans by mug_ping
14. [RoH] The absolute sincerity, worry and care in Yunho’s eyes, voice and actions as he talks to the children
15. [RoH] Yunho’s in the studio, talking about his experience. He was so shocked because he never knew a place like Ghana could exist now.
16. [RoH] Yunho first went to see children burning rubber in waste dumps, and now children working in illegal gold mining operations :(
17. [R4H] Yunho took a shovel from a little kid and started working so that he could take a break from work.
18. [R4H] A little girl said it hurts most when she has to change her bandages, so Yunho held her hand tightly and tried to talk her through it
19. [R4H] Yunho’s at a loss for what to do because she’s in so much pain so he’s just hugging her and trying to comfort her.
20. [R4H] Yunho’s talking about the children and he’s tearing up and his throat’s closing up as he talks about the hope the kids haven’t lost
21. [R4H] Yunho visited a school with Joshua and gave them a really short English class. He looked so touched by the children’s passion
22. [R4H] Yunho’s at a cocoa bean farm now. All the little kids are crowding around him, trying to hold his hand :)
23. [R4H] Yunho’s angry at himself that he can’t help the kids out as they harvest cocoa beans, and shocked at how used to the work they are
24. [R4H] Aww Yunho prepared a little sports event for the kids, playing soccer with them and giving them the day off to have fun :’)
25. [R4H] Yunho took polaroid photos for each kid and signed them, and gave them t-shirts and soccer balls, and they sang for him as a gift
26. [R4H] “I’m not an expert, but I know that I have the ability to show them that they have the right to be happy, and to be loved.” – Yunho
27. [R4H] That’s the end of Yunho’s journey to Ghana. It was… very hard to watch and a moment for us to reflect on everything we have.
trans by dongbangdata
29. Yunho wanted to interview the children, but they’re busy with their jobs. When he heard that the children can only rest after they completed their jobs, he went to help them. [求3317号学长]
29. Yunho asked the children if they are tired, but they said the biggest fear they have is the collapse of the mound since that happens the most. Yunho then asked for the reason why the children started this (job) and the reason is because the children’s father passed away 5 years ago, leaving 5 children. Therefore, to help their 3 younger siblings and mother to survive, they decided to work in the mine. ㅠㅠ [求3317号学长]
30. Yunho asked the children if they are tired, but they said the biggest fear they have is the collapse of the mound since that happens the most. Yunho then asked for the reason why the children started this (job) and the reason is because the children’s father passed away 5 years ago, leaving 5 children. Therefore, to help their 3 younger siblings and mother to survive, they decided to work in the mine. ㅠㅠ [求3317号学长]
31. A kid that Yunho interviewed said that he came to the village to earn money so that he can return to his hometown to study
32. Yunho: It feels really bad that I can’t do anything to help her when she’s in pain. T___T [求3317号学长]
33. The little girl might face amputation. Yunho said that it pains his heart when he can do nothing to help (the little girl). He also said that he was shocked when the bandage was taken off and the wound is already rotting. The illness little girl had is spread via bacteria contact and it occurs mainly on children. At first, everyone did not really pay attention to the wound but as it worsens, amputation might be needed, or else the person will have to be paralyzed for life. [求3317号学长]
34. Yunho painfully said that what hurts his heart the most is, the children obviously knew that the water is polluted, but they have no choice but to use the water. The children also expressed that, compared to the pain they might face tomorrow, what is the most important to them is if they get to eat something today. [求3317号学长]
35. Yunho painfully said that what hurts his heart the most is, the children obviously knew that the water is polluted, but they have no choice but to use the water. The children also expressed that, compared to the pain they might face tomorrow, what is the most important to them is if they get to eat something today. [求3317号学长]
36. The children said that compared to the possible dangers they might face, hunger is more scary. They have to work at least 15 hours a day every day, having a full meal is a extravagant dream to them. [求3317号学长]
37. Yunho went to the little boy’s house the next day after the interview. When he heard that the boy sleeps on the floor, he asked if it’s cold. Yunho asked the boy why did he worked so hard and little boy replied that it’s because he wants to complete his dreams; he wants to study. Yunho decided to follow him to his school. Yunho said that, although the facilities are rather simple, all the children there are full of wishes to study. Yunho then tried to teach them. He said that what touches him is that, the children never did complain neither did they give up their studies (despite the tough conditions). [求3317号学长]
38. The little boy injured his head when he was working but he continued to work by the seaside so that he can continue to receive education
39. Yunho mentioned that although he was upset when he saw young girls sleeping at construction areas, he was more surprised to know that these children are in a better living conditions. Some children have to sleep on the streets and even places like public toilet. As there are only children and elderly at the seaside, only the children can work. Yunho was anguished because of the sufferings the children have to face. [求3317号学长]
40. Yunho: The kids in our country take education for granted, but to those children, education is not provided. Yunho also said that he was guilty mentioning school to the children because every child he met, they all crave to study. Yunho believes that everyone should have the right to receive education. [求3317号学长]
41. Yunho said that behind every chocolate produced carries the effort and sweat of many of these children. When he saw the children cutting the cocoa fruits, Yunho wanted to try. He failed and he was very frustrated, “I am an adult but I still cannot help them.”. The sight of the children being so young, yet having to hold onto a knife to work, pains Yunho’s heart.
42. The kids’ meals are stir-fry corn. Yunho said that they deserve to eat better when Loke said that the meal’s quantity is as much as how much a hand can grab, and that is already the meal for the day. Loke said that he wants to become a soccer player and so Yunho encouraged him to eat more if he wants to pursue the dream.
43. Yunho prepared a sports event for the children and he became so happy when he saw the kids behaving like what a kid should behave like. He was glad the children found the smiles they lost for a long time. To capture this moment forever, Yunho prepared photos, t-shirts and presents as such for all of the children in hopes that they do not injure themselves anymore.
Yunho: After seeing these Ghanaian children, I feel that these children definitely deserve being loved. I am not an expect, I do not understand society help and such, but I believe that once these children receive love, they will learn how to love others. I want to let them know that they should not give up their hopes. [求3317号学长]
44. Yunho said that what we thought is of natural, might not be the same for these Ghanaian kids. He said that all of us should give more care and concern and these will definitely help the children at the greatest extent. He asked the kids not to give their dreams up, and he wants to let them know that, they still deserve to hold onto their dreams. Yunho mentioned that he will continue to work hard too. [求3317号学长]
trans by yunjaery
keep the credits ^^
I think people of our generation and the next, really need to see how lucky we all are. We have the comforts of our beds, sufficient food and a roof over our head. We might not be the richest people in the world, but we have more than enough so that we don’t suffer like those poor children and families in the 3rd world countries.
& message you without being judged.